yabanip

yet another blog about nothing in particular

Feb 13, 2006

Predicting and sometimes getting lucky

When around $470 this was touted to hit $600 (even $2000). I predicted a fall and now a few weeks later has dropped to around $350. Prediction is easy right? Is it hell. Like most of my successful plays on the markets there's a small degree of analysis of fundamentals (which tends to work in the long run) but an enormous amount of luck. The point of this post is not to blow my own trumpet (though it feels good as I deliberate on just when to close my short position) I really wanted to point out this excellent podcast from the economics essayist Nassim Nicholas Taleb's entitled "The Scandal of Prediction".

tags: google, google-is-overvalued, googlemania, investment, prediction, podcast, probability, random, statistics, markets, stock-market, maths, economics, sociology

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Not certain where to begin, I was overwhelmed lately trying to get out of a funk situation in a relationship. My fiancé was a whole other story. He was downright hurtful and ungrateful; his life and belongings were in shambles. He was someone addicted to drugs and women. He liked hiding behind excuses, giving me reasons to live a reckless life.
But we share great bond, we can’t let go because we aren’t perfect after all.
One thing we needed was someone or a spell doctor that will place himself in our spot to cure or tell us how easy it is to maintain or build a relationship surrounded by true love and healthy living.
However, the reality of my story is that Dr. Wakina via (dr.wakinalovetemple@gmail.com) with a succeeding love spell made sure none of my pipe dreams at the expenses of a broken heart become reality.

September 12, 2018 at 4:58:00 PM GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home